Japan Display Inc. ("JDI"), based on our Basic Commitment and Standards of Conduct, will continue to engage in business activities that contribute to society, earn the trust of all customers, and meet the expectations of stakeholders. Personal data are an important customer asset that should be strictly protected. They are also utilized by JDI in its efforts to create new values that benefit customers.JDI handles customers' personal data in accordance with the following Basic Policy.
- (1)JDI strictly observes the Personal Data Protection Law and all other relevant laws and regulations.
- (2)JDI has established management systems relating to personal data protection and ensures that all corporate officers and employees recognize the importance of this Program.
- (3)JDI utilizes personal data within the scope of intended uses clearly informed to customers. JDI does not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer or when there is a legitimate reason.
- (4)JDI maintains accurate and updated personal data and strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure of personal data.
- (5)JDI responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests from customers for disclosure of personal data sincerely and without delay.
2． Intended Use of Personal Data
- When JDI obtains personal data from customers, JDI clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data are intended to be used and uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, JDI notifies the customer to that effect and obtains consent before using the information for such a purpose.
3．Provision of Personal Data
- (1)JDI does not disclose customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases:
- 1.When the customer has given prior consent to the disclosure
- 2.When complying with laws and regulations
- 3.When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- 4.When JDI consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- 5.When another entity succeeds to the business of JDI due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
- (2)(2)Notwithstanding (1) above, when it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately responded to by a JDI affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor. In such cases, the customer may request that JDI stop disclosing such information to such affiliates or distributors.
4．Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
- JDI complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer‘s personal data held by JDI : 1) Requests for disclosure; 2) Requests for notification of intended purpose; 3) Requests for correction; 4) Requests for addition; 5) Requests for deletion; and 6) Requests for cessation of use or cessation of disclosure to third parties.
should be sent by filling in the Inquiry form in "Contact us” or directed to the following Department:
- Japan Display Inc. HR&General Affairs Dept.
- TEL : +81-3-6732-8100
- FAX : +81-3-6732-8101
- Proceed to the page referring to Inquiry forms.
- (2)Please note that some services provided by JDI (including services offered on websites operated by JDI) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
- (3)Children under 16 years should provide personal data only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
- (4)JDI may record telephone calls received at customer information centers and elsewhere to ensure that we listen attentively to comments or requests from customers.
- (6)JDI disclaims any responsibility for the security of customers‘ personal data used on third parties' websites that are linked to JDI websites.
- (7)JDI provides information on important changes and notices on this page. Please refer to Information.
Links marked with this symbol will open a new window