Enactment date: April 1, 2013
Revision date: June 21, 2017
Japan Display Inc.
CEO, Representative Director and Chairman
Japan Display Inc. ("JDI"), based on our Basic Commitment and Standards of Conduct, shall continue to engage in business activities that contribute to society, earn the trust of all customers, and meet the expectations of stakeholders.
Personal information is an important customer asset that should be strictly protected. Personal information shall be also utilized by JDI for its efforts to create new values that benefit customers.
JDI shall handle personal information of customers in accordance with the following Basic Policy.
Personal Information Protection Policy
1. Basic Policy
- (1)JDI shall strictly observe the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and all other relevant laws and
regulations when handling personal information (including individual identification codes).
JDI shall steadily conduct and continue measures for protecting personal information, and make efforts to improve such measures.
- (2)JDI shall establish management systems relating to personal information protection and separately establish
rules for handling personal information and specific personal information. JDL shall also ensure that all
corporate officers and employees recognize the importance of the rules, and thoroughly disseminate the rules throughout the company.
- (3)JDI shall utilize personal information within the scope of intended uses clearly informed customers.
JDI shall neither disclose nor provide personal information provided by customers to third parties without
obtaining consent of the customer or a legitimate reason.
- (4)JDI shall maintains accurate and updated personal information and strive to prevent unauthorized access
to personal information or loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure of personal
- (5)JDI shall respond to inquiries from customers concerning personal information or requests from customers
for disclosure of personal information sincerely and without delay.
2. Intended Use of Personal Information
- (1)When JDI obtains personal information from customers, JDI shall clearly indicates in advance the purpose
for which the personal information is intended to be used and shall use the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use.
When JDI needs to use personal information of customers for any purpose beyond the scope that has a reasonable
relationship with the stated purpose of use, JDI shall notify the customer to that effect and obtain consent
before using the information for such purpose.
JDI shall obtain special care-required personal information only after obtaining consent of the customer.
- (2)The following is a list of major purposes for which JDL shall use personal information it has obtained:
- 1.Personal information on its shareholders
- (i)Exercising rights and performing obligations under laws and regulations;
- (ii)Managing and recording a shareholders' meeting;
- (iii)Conducting various measures for its shareholders and investors (e.g. questionnaires);
- (iv)Managing its shareholders under laws and regulations (e.g. preparing shareholders data);
- (v)Communicating with its shareholders;
- (vi)Other tasks associated with the above purposes.
- 2.Personal information on employees of public agencies and other public servants, etc.
Communicating with, reporting to, and responding to a competent authority, which are required in order
to conduct business.
- 3.Personal information on trading partners, and officers and employees of other companies
- (i)Various communications and commercial negotiations required for conducting business;
- (ii)Managing trading partner information, and payment/income processing.
- 4.Personal information commissioned by trading partners
Performing a contract related to commissioned business.
- 5.Personal information on applicants
- (i)Providing recruiting information to and communicating with applicants (including internship applicants);
- (ii)Managing recruiting tasks at JDI.
- Personal information in 2. and 3. above may be obtained by purchasing a public name list.
Personal information in 4. above is not subject to disclosure in principle.
3. Provision of Personal Information
- (1)JDI does not disclose customers' personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- 1.When the customer has given prior consent to the disclosure;
- 2.When complying with laws and regulations;
- 3.When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is
difficult to obtain the consent of the customer;
- 4.When JDI consigns handling of personal information to a third party within the scope necessary to
achieve the purpose of use;
- 5.When another entity succeeds to the business of JDI due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer
of business or otherwise.
When JDI provides personal information to a third party, we shall record the date of such provision
and the name of the person who received such personal information and shall maintain such record for
a certain period of time. Similarly, when JDI receives personal information from a third party, we
shall check and record the date of receipt, the reason for such receipt, and the name of the person
who gave such personal information and shall maintain such record for a certain period of time. When
JDI provides personal information to a third party by opting out, we shall submit a list of data items
to the Personal Information Protection Committee.
- (2)Notwithstanding (1) above, when it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products,
repairs, or service can be more appropriately responded to by a JDI affiliate or distributor, we may
provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or
In such cases, the customer may request that JDI stop disclosing such information to such affiliates
4. Inquiries Concerning Personal Information
- JDI complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal information
held by JDI: 1) Requests for disclosure; 2) Requests for notification of intended purpose; 3) Requests
for correction; 4) Requests for addition; 5) Requests for deletion; and 6) Requests for cessation of use
or cessation of disclosure to third parties.
in general should be sent by filling the Inquiry form in "Contact us" or directed to the following
- Japan Display Inc. HR Department, Business Planning Section
- Link to the Inquiry form.
5. Other Matters
The policy does not apply to JDI's affiliates in Japan or to overseas affiliates and subsidiaries.
- (2)Please note that some services provided by JDI (including services offered on websites operated by JDI) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal information.
- (3)Children under 16 years should provide personal information only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
- (4)JDI may record telephone calls received at customer information centers and elsewhere to ensure that we listen attentively to comments or requests from customers.
- (6)JDI disclaims any responsibility for the security of personal information of customers that is used on third parties' websites that are linked to JDI websites.
- (7)JDI provides information on important changes and notices on this page. Please refer to Information.
- (1)"Cookies" are small packets of information that Web servers transmit to visitors' or users'
websites in order to better meet your individual expectations or requirements, and to improve the
will not be able to make use of useful functions such as site personalization.
- (2)"Web beacons" or "pixel tags" are invisible graphic images that count visitors or access certain contents.
JDI may also use these web beacons or other technologies to tailor the site to provide better customer service.
Web beacons will still detect visits to these pages but JDI does not use this technology to access
personally identifiable information.
Links marked with this symbol will open a new window